- Reviews (0)
DESCRIPTION & PHARMACOLOGY
The main ingredients of Capsule E-GB-60 is Ginkgo biloba. Ginkgo biloba is a popular supplement and one of the top-selling herbal medicines worldwide. Ginkgo biloba extract is collected from the dried green leaves of the plant.
Capsule E-GB-60 is generally accepted as a remedy for minor deficits in brain function, such as those that occur with advancing age. It is used to improve concentration and combat short-term memory loss due to clogged arteries in the brain, and to treat dizziness, ringing in the ears, headache, and emotional hypersensitivity accompanied by anxiety.
Each Capsule contains-
- Capsule E-GB-60 contains Ginkgo biloba 60 mg standardized extract.
Primary uses Cerebral insufficiency: memory deficit, depression, attention and memory loss that occur with Alzheimer’s disease and multi-infarct dementia. Vertigo and tinnitus (ringing in the ear) of vascular and involutional origin Peripheral vascular disease: improvement of pain-free walking distance in Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease in Stage II according to Fontaine (intermittent claudication) in a regimen of physical therapeutic measures, in particular walking exercise.
Summary : Useful for Cerebral insufficiency, Loss of early attention and memory deficit, Loss of hearing, Deafness, Loss of Vision & Dizziness. [মস্তিষ্ক ও প্রান্তীয় রক্তনালীর সমস্যা যেমন- মস্তিষ্ক শোধ, অকাল বুদ্ধি হ্রাস ও বুদ্ধি ভ্রংশ, কর্ণগহবরের দুর্বলতা যেমন- শ্রবণশক্তির দুর্বলতা, বধিরতা, দৃষ্টিশক্তির দুর্বলতা, মাথাঘোরা প্রশমনে অধিক কার্যকরী।]
Dosage & administration
- In General Use : 60mg (1 Capsule) 1-2 times daily or as advised by the registered physician.
- For anxiety : 60 – 180mg (1-3 Capsules) of E-GB-60 has been taken three times daily for 4 weeks.
- For dementia : : 60 – 480mg (1-8 Capsules) per day of E-GB-60 divided in two – three doses has been taken for up to one year. The most commonly studied dose is 120mg – 240mg (2 – 4 Capsules) per day with 240mg per day possibly being more effective.
- For retinal damage caused by diabetes : : 120mg (2 Capsules) of a E-GB-60 has been taken daily for 6 months.
- For walking leg pain related to poor circulation (claudication, peripheral vascular disease) : 120 – 240mg (2 – 4 Capsules) per day of E-GB-60 divided into two – three doses, has been used for up to 6 years. The higher dose may be more effective.
- For dizziness (vertigo) : 180mg (3 Capsules) of a E-GB-60 has been taken once daily or in two divided doses daily for 3 months.
- For premenstrual syndrome (PMS) : 60mg (1 Capsule) of E-GB-60 has been taken twice daily, starting on the sixteenth day of the menstrual cycle until the fifth day of the next cycle.
- For vision loss related to glaucoma : 120 – 180mg (2 – 3 Capsules) of E-GB-60 has been taken in two or three divided doses per day for up to 12 years.
- For schizophrenia : 120 – 360mg (2 – 6 Capsules) of E-GB-60 has been used daily for 8 – 16 weeks.
- For the movement disorder called tardive dyskinesia : 60mg (1 Capsule) of E-GB-60 three times daily for 12 weeks, has been used.
Ginkgo biloba LEAF EXTRACT is LIKELY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth in appropriate doses. It can cause some minor side effects such as stomach upset, headache, dizziness, constipation, forceful heartbeat, and allergic skin reactions.
Hypersensitivity to Rubia Cordifolia Manjistha is a contraindication. In addition, Rubia Cordifolia Manjistha should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Kidney or liver diseases
Drug interactions :
Ginkgo biloba can slow blood clotting. Ibuprofen can also slow blood clotting. Taking Ginkgo biloba with ibuprofen can slow blood clotting too much and increase the chance of bruising and bleeding.
Pregnancy & lactation
Ginkgo biloba is POSSIBLY UNSAFE when taken by mouth during pregnancy. It might cause early labor or extra bleeding during delivery if used near that time. Not enough is known about the safety of using ginkgo during breast-feeding. Do not use ginkgo if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Generic Name : GINKGO BILOBA.
- Strength per capsule : 60mg.
- Source : Bangladesh National Ayurvedic Formulary (BNAF).
- Type of Medicine : Ayurvedic Medicine as Capsule.
- Presentation : 3 x 10s capsules in Alu-Alu blester pac.
- Precaution : Keep in a cool dry place, away from sunlight and keep away from the reach of children.
- D.A.R. No. : AYU-91-A-64
- Manufacturing Licence no. : Ayu-073
- Manufactured by : Ergon Pharmaceuticals (Ayu)
- Manufacturing Experience : Since 1984